Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - Seattle (PDF Chapter)
This is the Seattle chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest guidebook.
Welcome to a city that heralds innovation and nature; a city always marching toward the fu-ture. Birthplace of giants Amazon and Starbucks, it’s also a city of microbusinesses and bounda-ry-pushing grassroots movements (tasting rooms, indie bookstores, vegan ice cream).
- see, smell and taste your way through iconic Pike Place Market, from charismatic fish throwers to the sticky-sweet gum wall
- learn how legends were created, from Jimi Hendrix to Kurt Cobain, at the Museum of Pop Culture, and experiment with your own riffs in the Interactive Sound Lab
- go to the top of the Space Needle – just because it’s there
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Seattle.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.