Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - Portland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Portland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest guidebook.
Best coffee. Most food carts. Top craft breweries. Number-one hipster haven. Portland is a city of indie-spirited superlatives and humble, offbeat charms. It had all the cultural advantages of a major city, but the feel and affordability of a small town.
- settle into a comfy cafe like the groundbreaking Stumptown with a perfect espresso and a good book
- sample a wide variety of microbrews at Hopworks or any of the city’s 50-plus breweries
- seek peace and quiet in the lush and tranquil garden Japanese Garden
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.