Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - Northwestern Washington & San Juan Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northwestern Washington & the San Juan Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest guidebook.
Between Seattle, the Cascade Range and Canada lies Washington’s most archetypal region, a ‘greatest hits’ of the Pacific Northwest with all the sights and sounds outsiders traditionally as-sociate with the land of pure air and West Coast hedonism.
- propell yourself around the low-key San Juan Islands
- take the slow road along Chuckanut Drive, stopping at hiking trails and oyster bars
- browse Bellingham’s historic neighborhoods while licking a Mallard ice-cream cone
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Northwest Coast, Bellingham, Lummi Island, Ana-cortes, Lower Skagit River Valley, Whidbey Island, San Juan Islands, Orcas Island, Lopez Island, Shaw Island.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.