Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - Central & Eastern Washington (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central & Eastern Washington chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest guidebook.
While the west breeds evergreen trees, perennial rain and gourmet coffee, the east – evoca-tively nicknamed ‘the Dry Side’ – is the opposite: a land of sunbaked hills and big blue skies stuffed with private vineyards, rodeo towns and huge Native American reservations.
- visit more wine-tasting rooms than you can count in Walla Walla’s compact core, then fol-low up with a perfect farm-to-table meal
- warm up with bratwurst and beer after frolicking in the wilderness around absurdly cute, Bavarian-inspired Leavenworth
- watch the sun set over the Cascades from the Empire Builder, Amtrak’s Seattle-to-Chicago train
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Central Washington, Leavenworth, Cashmere, Wenatchee, Yakima Valley, Ellensburg, Yakima, Yakima Valley Wine Country, Toppenish, Southeastern Washington, Tri-Cities, Walla Walla, Pullman, Northeastern Washington, Spokane, Grand Coulee Dam Area, Okanogan River Valley, Colville National Forest.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.