Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - Ashland & Southern Oregon (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ashland & Southern Oregon chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, Ore-gon & the Pacific Northwest guidebook.
With a warm, sunny and dry climate that belongs in nearby California, Southern Oregon is the state’s ‘banana belt.’ Rugged and remote landscapes are entwined with ‘wild and scenic’ riv-ers, famous for their challenging white-water rafting, world-class fly-fishing and excellent hik-ing.
- strut with the Bard at Ashland’s renowned Oregon Shakespeare Festival
- count bald eagles in enchanting Klamath Basin National Wildlife Refuges
- whoosh and splash down Oregon’s premier white water, past towering, ancient forests, on the Rogue River
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ashland, Medford, Jacksonville, Grants Pass, Oregon Caves National Monument, North Umpqua River, Roseburg, Crater Lake National Park, Rogue River, Klamath Falls, Klamath Basin National Wildlife Refuges.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.