*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Washington, DC - White House Area & Foggy Bottom (PDF Chapter)
This is the White House Area & Foggy Bottom chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, DC guidebook.
When you think of Washington, DC, you think of the White House. The president’s pad takes your breath away, and the area hums with the comings and goings of diplomats, lobbyists, tour-ists and bureaucrats. Nearby Foggy Bottom is synonymous with the State Department, World Bank, IMF and other hefty institutions.
- take a thrilling stroll through the White House, from the ceremonial East Room to Thomas Jefferson’s green dining room
- knock back a Scotch at the Round Robin, reputed birthplace of the mint julep
- watch a free performance any night of the week at the Kennedy Center
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.