*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Washington, DC - Upper Northwest DC (PDF Chapter)
This is the Upper Northwest DC chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, DC guidebook.
The serene and supremely pleasant Upper Northwest is host to a range of worthwhile sights from architecture and art to parks and wildlife, made all the better by a lunch break at some of the city’s most inventive restaurants.
- seek out the sacred and profane in the architectural treasures of Washington National Ca-thedral
- wave to the giant pandas and swinging orangutans at the National Zoo
- hike, bike or saddle up a horse in Rock Creek Park
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.