*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Washington, DC - Understand Washington, DC & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Washington DC Today, History, Arts & Media, Architecture, This Po-litical City, Transportation and Directory A-Z chapters from Lonely Planet’s Washington, DC guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, architecture and politics to flights, public transportation, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for gay and lesbian travellers, and advice for travellers with disabilities.
- a rundown on the city’s history of statesmen, assassins, demagogues and protestors
- info on Washington, DC’s architectural gems
- full coverage of the city’s varied arts scene
- details on the complex political landscape
Coverage includes: Washington DC Today, History, Arts & Media, Archi-tecture, This Political City, Transportation and Directory A-Z.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.