Washington, DC - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to Washington, DC, Washington, DC’s Top 10, What’s New, Need to Know, Top Itineraries, If You Like..., Month By Month, Like a Local, For Free, Eat-ing, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities, and With Kids chapters from Lonely Planet’s Washington DC guidebook.
Your journey to Washington DC starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on free DC.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about exploring the city with kids
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to Washington, DC, Washington, DC’s Top 10, What’s New, Need to Know, Top Itineraries, If You Like: Famous Monuments, Not-So Famous Monuments, Seeing Politics in Action, Pop-Culture Icons, Kid-Friendly Activities, House Muse-ums, Romantic Spots, Month By Month, Like a Local, For Free, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, En-tertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities, and With Kids.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout