*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Washington, DC - Northern Virginia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Virginia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, DC guide-book.
Northern Virginia (NoVa) is DC’s safe, green, well-trimmed neighbor, just across the picket fence of the Potomac River. It’s worth the Metro trip to visit Arlington and Alexandria, which com-bine crucial capital sites with historic areas, cozy pubs and a buzzing food scene.
- walk around Arlington National Cemetery: from the moving Tomb of the Unknowns to John F Kennedy’s eternal flame
- get lost amid sleek jets and one massive space shuttle in the mammoth hangars of the Ste-ven F Udvar-Hazy Center
- cycle the Mount Vernon Trail to Theodore Roosevelt Island, Old Town Alexandria or be-yond to George Washington’s estate
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.