*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Washington, DC - National Mall (PDF Chapter)
This is the National Mall chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, DC guide-book.
History and politics are given architectural life on the National Mall, the center of iconography of the most iconic city in America. This communal space is where Americans come to protest, to rally and to watch presidents get inaugurated.
- stand where Martin Luther King Jr gave his ‘I Have a Dream’ speech and feel the sweep of history
- touch the moon and gawp at nuclear missiles at the National Air and Space Museum
- reflect on the sea of names sprawled across the Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Entertainment and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.