Washington, DC - Logan Circle, U Street & Columbia Heights (PDF Chapter)
This is the Logan Circle, U Street & Columbia Heights chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, DC guidebook.
A stroll in the U St Corridor rewards with red-hot music clubs and antique-crammed shops, while booming Logan Circle is next door. Columbia Heights has a reputation for cheap ethnic food and punk dive bars, and Northeast DC provides nature lovers with groovy landscapes to ex-plore.
- wander along U St and take in its jazzy history, troubled descent and vibrant rebirth as an arts and entertainment district over a meal at Ben’s Chili Bowl
- walk through wooded groves at the United States National Arboretum
- feel the neighborhood vibe at cheery beery Right Proper Brewing Co
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.