Washington, DC - Logan Circle, U Street & Columbia Heights (PDF Chapter)
This is the Logan Circle, U Street & Columbia Heights chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington DC guidebook.
The U St Corridor is a fine spot to begin your explorations. A stroll here rewards with African American historic sights, soul food restaurants, mural-splashed alleys and red-hot music clubs. Spend an afternoon checking it out, or better yet, devote an evening to the nightlife scene.
- take a seat at Ben’s Chili Bowl and joining locals to eat half-smokes and gossip over sweet iced tea
- walk through wooded groves, meadows and an ethereal garden made out of Capitol pillar ruins in the National Arboretum
- feel the neighborhood vibe at cheery Right Proper Brewing Co, which was once a pool hall where Duke Ellington played
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.