Washington, DC - Dupont Circle & Kalorama (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dupont Circle & Kalorama chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, DC guidebook.
Dupont is city life at its best. Here you’ll find flash restaurants, hip bars and nifty bookstores. A combination of diplomatic scene and strong gay and lesbian community sets the social rhythm for young professionals of all stripes and persuasions.
- travel to India, Kenya, Laos, Luxembourg, Malawi, Morocco and Zambia during an hour’s walk along Embassy Row
- stand face to face with Renoirs and Gauguins in the intimate setting of the Phillips Collec-tion
- browse the stacks, sip cocktails and stuff your face at Kramerbooks
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.