Washington, DC - Downtown & Penn Quarter (PDF Chapter)
This is the Downtown & Penn Quarter chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, DC guidebook.
This neighborhood bustles day and night around some of the city’s best museums and thea-tres and the enormous Verizon Center, home of DC’s basketball and hockey teams. Trendy res-taurants and bars cater to visitors and sports fans.
- gawp at the Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights - the real, spi-dery-handwriting-scrawled documents - at the National Archives
- browse the world’s largest collection of US art at the Reynolds Center for American Art & Portraiture
- see the very seat where Abraham Lincoln was assassinated at Ford’s Theatre
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.