Washington, DC city guide
Lonely Planet’s Washington DC is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Climb the steps of the Lincoln Memorial to feel the grand sweep of history; explore space, dinosaurs, art and the history of the nation in the Smithsonian museums; and grab a half-smoke at legendary Ben’s Chili Bowl. All with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Washington DC and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Washington DC:
- Full colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
Coverage Includes: National Mall, White House Area, Foggy Bottom, Georgetown, Capitol Hill, Southeast DC, Downtown, Penn Quarter, Dupont Circle, Kalorama, Adams Morgan, U Street, Columbia Heights, Upper Northwest DC, Northern Virginia