Washington, DC city guide
7th Edition Nov 2018
Ships in 1-2 business days
PDF, EPUB, MOBI
was $13.99 USD
Digital PDF only
Book + eBook
Lonely Planet’s Washington DC is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Climb the steps of the Lincoln Memorial to feel the grand sweep of history; explore space, dinosaurs, art and the history of the nation in the Smithsonian museums; and grab a half-smoke at legendary Ben’s Chili Bowl. All with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Washington DC and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Washington DC:
- Full colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
Coverage Includes: National Mall, White House Area, Foggy Bottom, Georgetown, Capitol Hill, Southeast DC, Downtown, Penn Quarter, Dupont Circle, Kalorama, Adams Morgan, U Street, Columbia Heights, Upper Northwest DC, Northern Virginia
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.