*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
Washington, DC - Capitol Hill & Southeast DC (PDF Chapter)
This is the Capitol Hill & Southeast DC chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, DC guidebook.
First-time visitors assume Capitol Hill is all about power-broking and wheeling-dealing. Truth is, it’s a traditional neighborhood, where people live in brownstone row houses in a community that revolves around Eastern Market. The feel of the area is more cozy borough than clandestine backroom.
- count the statues, ogle the frescoes and visit the chambers of the folks who run the country under the big white dome of the Capitol
- be wowed by the sheer volume of, well, volumes at the Library of Congress
- immerse yourself in the good and bad sides of human nature at the haunting United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.