*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Washington, DC - Capitol Hill & Southeast DC (PDF Chapter)
This is the Capitol Hill & Southeast DC chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, DC guidebook.
First-time visitors assume Capitol Hill is all about power-broking and wheeling-dealing. Truth is, it’s a traditional neighborhood, where people live in brownstone row houses in a community that revolves around Eastern Market. The feel of the area is more cozy borough than clandestine backroom.
- count the statues, ogle the frescoes and visit the chambers of the folks who run the country under the big white dome of the Capitol
- be wowed by the sheer volume of, well, volumes at the Library of Congress
- immerse yourself in the good and bad sides of human nature at the haunting United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.