Washington, DC - Capitol Hill & South DC (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Capitol Hill & South DC chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington DC guidebook.
The focal point is the big domed Capitol, which sits atop Capitol Hill and across a plaza from the almost-as-regal Supreme Court and Library of Congress. The three are touristy top draws, best visited in the morning.
- count the statues, ogle the frescoes, eat the bean soup and visit the chambers of the guys and gals who run the country under the big white dome of the US Capitol
- immerse yourself in the good and bad sides of human nature at the United States Holo-caust Memorial Museum
- be wowed by the sheer volume of, well, volumes, then discover ancient maps and cartoons in the exhibition rooms of the Library of Congress
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.