Washington, DC - Adams Morgan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Adams Morgan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington DC guide-book.
Walk through Adams Morgan and you’ll sniff kebabs, Ethiopian stew, jerk chicken and vege-table biryani in the air. Browse vintage boutiques, arty homewares stores and record shops by day, and return at night when 18th St becomes one of the greatest bar crawls in town.
- explore 18th St NW, where Ethiopians, Koreans, Indians, Cubans and hard drinkers collide in a row of restaurants, music clubs, dive bars, vintage boutiques, and indie record shops like Songbyrd Record Cafe & Music House
- ogle the largest whisky collection in the western hemisphere at the Jack Rose Dining Sa-loon
- pretend you’re on a breezy island, sharing lemony plates of lamb ribs and sunny cocktails, at Tail Up Goat
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.