Wales - Understand Wales & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history: early history to the Romans, Normans and the Tudor Acts of Union, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on what draws the Welsh together with their language and economy currently under pressure
- info on the history or Wales, an epic tale of conflict and stubborn survival against the odds
- full coverage of the food revolution in Wales that continues apace
- details on the geology, fauna and flora of Wales and its burgeoning green awareness
Coverage includes: Wales Today: Brexit, The United Kingdom? and Welsh Language Woes, History: Early History, The Romans, Wales is Born, Enter the Normans, Owaln Glyndŵr, The Acts of Union, The Reformation, Romantic Wales, Industialisation & Unrest, Reform & the Depression, Postwar Wales & Industrial Decline and Devolution, Culture: Myths & Legends, Literature, Music, Theatre & Dance, Cinema, Television, Visual Arts, Castles & Architecture and Rugby, Food & Drink: Wlesh Specialities, Where to Eat and Local Brews & Drams, The Natural Environment: Geology, Fauna, Flora, Protected Species and New Environmental Challenges, Directory A–Z and Transport.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation