Wales - Snowdonia & the Llyn (PDF Chapter)
This is the Snowdonia & the Llŷn chapter from Lonely Planet’s Wales guidebook.
This part of Wales really packs it in, from rugged mountain trails to coastal paths, old industrial sites and heritage train lines. The gem in this diadem is Snowdonia National Park, where the mightiest peaks south of Scotland scrape glowering skies.
- climb Snowdonia’s second-most-famous peak, Cader Idris, a legendary haunt of giants
- float through the air across Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, a pinnacle of Georgian civil engineering
- test your claustrophobia in the gloomy slate caverns of Blaenau Ffestiniog
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: North Wales Borderlands, Holywell (Treffynnon), Ruthin, Llangollen, Snowdonia National Park (Parc Cenedlaethol Eryri), Bala (Y Bala), Coed y Brenin Forest Park, Dolgellau, Cader Idris (Cadair Idris), Tywyn, Barmouth (Abermaw), Harlech, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Penmachno, Betws-y-Coed, Capel Curig, Llanberis, Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa), Beddgelert, Llŷn Peninsula, Porthmadog, Criccieth, Pwllheli, Abersoch, Aberdaron, Bardsey Island (Ynys Enlli), Morfa Nefyn, Pistyll and Nant Gwrtheyrn.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.