Wales - Cardiff (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cardiff chapter from Lonely Planet’s Wales guidebook.
The capital of Wales since only 1955, Cardiff has embraced the role with vigour, emerging in the new millennium as one of Britain’s leading urban centres, caught between an ancient fort and an ultramodern waterfront.
- marvel at the over-the-top Victorian interiors of the city’s ancient citadel, Cardiff Castle
- relax on the lawn at Bute Park against a backdrop of mature trees, flowerbeds, the river and the castle
- take an engrossing journey through Wales via the big bang, natural history and fine art at National Museum Cardiff
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation