Wales - Anglesey & the North Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Anglesey & the North Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Wales guidebook.
This compact region can be boiled down to two essential things: castles and coast. Yes, there are look-at-me castles all over Wales, but few attract more admiring stares than the glamorous trio of Caernarfon, Conwy and Beaumaris.
- fall for the Georgian charms of Beaumaris, Anglesey’s finest town
- witness the Byzantine beauty and strength of Caernarfon’s castle
- discover vast Bronze Age mines alongside the Victoriana of this perennially popular seaside resort of Llandudno
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The North Coast, Caernarfon, Bangor, Bodnant Estate, Conwy, Llandudno Junction, Llandudno, Isle of Anglesey (Ynys Môn), Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (Llanfair PG), Menai Bridge, Beaumaris (Biwmares), Moelfre, Church Bay (Porth Swtan), Holyhead (Caergybi) and Rhosneigr.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation