Vietnam - Southwest Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southwest Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vietnam guide-book.
Few parts of Vietnam stir the imagination with the lure of adventure quite like the highlands. The Ho Chi Minh Hwy winds its scenic way past coffee plantations, pine-studded mountains, rice paddies with their wallowing buffalo, enormous reed-covered lakes and peaceful ethnic minority villages.
- crank up your adrenaline rate with a canyoning, whitewater rafting, cycling or hiking ad-venture around Dalat
- rev up a motorbike and ride the twists and turns of the Ho Chi Minh Trail
- explore indigenous culture and customs in the Bahnar, Sedang and Jarai villages around Kon Tum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cat Tien National Park, Dalat & Around, Lak Lake, Buon Ma Thuot, Yok Don National Park, Pleiku, Kon Tum.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.