Vietnam - Siem Reap & the Temples of Angkor (PDF Chapter)
This is the Siem Reap & the Temples of Angkor (Cambodia) chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vietnam guidebook.
Where to begin with Angkor? There is no greater concentration of architectural riches any-where on earth. A short hop away, the booming city of Siem Reap offers everything from back-packer party pads to hip hotels, from street eats to world-class wining and dining.
- watch the sun rise over the holiest of holies, Angkor Wat, the world’s largest religious building
- contemplate the serenity and splendour of Bayon, its 216 enigmatic faces staring out into the jungle
- witness nature reclaiming the stones at the mysterious ruin of Ta Prohm, the Tomb Raider temple
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Siem Reap, Temples of Angkor.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation