Vietnam - Northern Vietnam (PDF Chapter)
This is Vietnam’s big-sky country; a place of rippling mountains, cascading rice terraces and the winnowed-out karst topography for which the region is famed. If you’re up for some road-tripping, this is the place to do it.
- kayak within the karsts, into lagoons and grottoes in Halong Bay
- trek mountain trails to the hill-tribe villages around Sapa
- glide across the tranquil lakes of Ba Be National Park, soaking up the serene scenery of shoreline village huddles and soaring mountain peaks
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Northeast Vietnam, Ba Be National Park, Con Son & Den Kiep Bac, Haiphong, Halong Bay, Bai Tu Long Bay, Mong Cai & the Chinese Border, Northwest Vietnam, Hoa Binh, Mai Chau, Son La, Dien Bien Phu, Muong Lay, Lai Chau, Sapa, Lao Cai, Bac Ha and Ha Giang Province.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.