Vietnam - Mekong Delta (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mekong Delta chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vietnam guidebook.
The ‘rice bowl’ of Vietnam, the delta is carpeted in a dizzying variety of greens. It’s a water world that moves to the rhythms of the mighty Mekong, where boats, houses and markets float upon the innumerable rivers, canals and streams.
- witness Can Tho’s floating markets come alive with trade at sunrise
- kick up red dirt on a motorbike ride and watching a sunset from an idyllic beach on Phu Quoc Island
- hop from temple to temple in the idyllic countryside to Sam mountain from Chau Doc
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: My Tho, Ben Tre, Tra Vinh, Vinh Long, Can Tho & Around, Soc Trang, Ca Mau, Rach Gia, Phu Quoc Island, Ha Tien & Around, Hon Chong, Chau Doc, Sam Mountain, Long Xuyen, Cao Lanh & Around, Sa Dec.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation