Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Northern Thailand - Northern Thailand (PDF Chapter)
Thailand is arguably the ‘safest’ introduction to Southeast Asia, but this doesn’t mean it rep-resents any sort of compromise. We suspect the secret of Thailand’s popularity, especially that of its northern half, is that it packs a bit of everything.
- pick up some bargains at the Chiang Mai’s Night Bazaar, Saturday Walking Street and Sunday Walking Street markets
- feel awestruck by the scenery of Pha Taem National Park
- cycle around the awesome ruins of Thailand’s ‘golden age’ at Sukhothai
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bangkok, Thailand’s Eastern Seaboard, Ko Samet, Trat, Ko Chang, Northeastern Thailand, Nakhon Ratchasima (Khorat) & around, Khao Yai Na-tional Park, Phanom Rung & around, Ubon Ratchathani, Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, Nong Khai & around, Loei & around, Chiang Khan, Northern Thailand, Chiang Mai & around, Chiang Dao, Tha Ton, Pai, Sukhothai & around, Chiang Rai, Golden Triangle, Chiang Khong, Nan & around, Understand Thailand, Thailand Today, History, People & Culture, Food & Drink, Envi-ronment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.