*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Northern Thailand - Laos (PDF Chapter)
The ‘Land of a Million Elephants’ oozes magic the moment you spot a Hmong tribeswoman looming from the mist, trek through a glimmering rice paddy, or hear the sonorous call of one of the country’s endangered gibbons.
- explore the fabled city of Luang Prabang to find French cuisine, Buddhist temples, colonial villas, stunning river views and some of the best boutique accommodation in Southeast Asia
- take a boat ride through the exhilarating yet spooky 7.5km-long tunnel of Tham Kong Lor, home to fist-sized spiders and stalactite woods, and tackle the three-day dirt-bike ‘Loop’
- wander the tamarind-lined streets and narrow alleys of Vientiane, Southeast Asia’s most languid capital
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Vientiane & around, Phu Khao Khuay National Pro-tected Area, Ang Nam Ngum, Vang Vieng, Luang Prabang & around, Pak Ou Caves, Tat Kuang Si, Tat Sae, Northern Laos, Xieng Khuang & Hua Phan Provinces, Muang Ngoi District, North-western Laos, Phongsali Province, Middle Mekong, Central Laos, Southern Laos, Bolikhamsai & Khammuan Provinces, Savannakhet Province, Champasak Province, Pakse Region, Si Phan Don (Four Thousand Islands), Bolaven Plateau Region, Understand Laos, Laos Today, History, People & Culture, Food & Drink, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.