Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Northern Thailand - Understand Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Northern Thailand and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the The Mekong Region Today, History, People & Culture, Border Crossings, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Northern Thailand guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, people and culture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get hints on the gay and lesbian scene and tips for women travellers, travelling with kids and travellers with disabilities, as well as handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the issues facing the Mekong region today
- info on the people, religion and culture of the Mekong
- full coverage of the region’s dramatic and heartbreaking history
- details on border crossings in the region
Coverage includes: The Mekong Region Today, History, People & Cul-ture, Border Crossings, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health, and Behind the Scenes.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.