Vienna - The Museum District & Neubau (PDF Chapter)
This is the Museum District & Neubau chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vienna guidebook.
Attractions in this cultural neighbourhood include the incomparable Kunsthistorisches Mu-seum Vienna, packed with old masters; the MuseumsQuartier’s cache of museums, cafes, res-taurants, bars and performance spaces; and the Renaissance-style Burgtheater, where premieres have included Mozart’s and Beethoven’s works.
- throw yourself head first into the artistic vortex of the Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna, a whirl of Habsburg treasures from Egyptian tombs to rare-breed Raphael, Dürer and Cara-vaggio masterworks
- check Vienna’s cultural pulse during an art-packed day at the vast MuseumsQuartier, an ensemble of museums, cafes, restaurants and bars inside the Hofburg’s former imperial stables
- encounter the dinosaurs and prehistoric divas at the Naturhistorisches Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.