Vienna - The Hofburg & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Hofburg & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vienna guide-book.
Vienna’s imperial splendour peaks in this part of the city centre, where horse-drawn carriag-es prance along curved, cobbled streets. Its centrepiece is the magnificent Hofburg palace com-plex, which brims with museums and world-famous attractions.
- stroll through the monumental Hofburg palace complex, explore courtyards like the Schweizerhof, and admire the elegant gates, impressive squares, statues of the Habsburg rulers and monumental architecture
- view Albertina’s world-class graphic-arts exhibitions and its collection of original graphics by masters within its luxurious palace rooms
- tour the Habsburg imperial apartments – the Kaiserappartements – the Sisi Museum, dedi-cated to Empress Elisabeth, and the Silberkammer (Silver Depot)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.