Vienna - Stephansdom & the Historic Centre (PDF Chapter)
This is the Stephansdom & the Historic Centre chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vienna guidebook.
Vienna’s historic centre is made for walking. Take in the Haus der Musik and Mozarthaus Vienna, with coffee-and-cake stops along the way. After dinner, late on a warm night, is ideal for a romantic stroll through the illuminated streets.
- marvel at the intricate details of Stephansdom – Vienna’s famous landmark and Austria’s best-known Gothic cathedral
- learn about Austria’s literary luminaries and their seminal works from the 18th century to the present day at the new Literaturmuseum
- explore the quiet courtyards and lanes of Vienna’s historic centre at your own pace on a self-guided walking tour
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.