Vienna - Stephansdom & the Historic Centre (PDF Chapter)
This is the Stephansdom & the Historic Centre chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vienna guidebook.
Vienna’s most distinctive landmark is Gothic cathedral Stephansdom. This is the oldest part of the city, with a tangle of cobbled lanes and elegant thoroughfares. Early evening is one of the best times to stroll around and soak up the atmosphere.
- marvel at the intricate details of Stephansdom, the city’s most famous landmark and Aus-tria’s best-known Gothic cathedral
- conduct your own virtual orchestra and engage with other interactive exhibits at the inno-vative Haus der Musik
- get acquainted with Austria’s literary luminaries and their seminal works, from the 18th century to the present day, at the Literaturmuseum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout