Vienna - Schloss Schonbrunn & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Schloss Schönbrunn & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vienna guidebook.
Few sights in Vienna enthral like Schloss Schönbrunn. The vision of its imposing baroque facade, glowing like warm butter on a sunny afternoon, is not one you are likely to forget in a hurry.
- wander the gloriously over-the-top baroque state apartments and laze in the fountain-dotted gardens of Vienna’s paean to the giddy, gilded late-Habsburg era, Schloss Schönbrunn
- dive into the sensual, colour-charged imagination of Klimt at his last studio, Klimt Villa
- wander in Empress Elisabeth’s footsteps at Hermesvilla, a 19th-century mansion romantically nestled in woodland
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.