Vienna - Schloss Schonbrunn & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Schloss Schönbrunn & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vienna guidebook.
Few sights in Vienna enthral like Schloss Schönbrunn. The vision of its imposing baroque facade, glowing like warm butter on a sunny afternoon, is not one you are likely to forget in a hurry.
- wander the gloriously over-the-top baroque state apartments and laze in the foun-tain-dotted gardens of Schloss Schönbrunn, Vienna’s paean to the giddy, gilded late-Habsburg era
- dive into the sensual, colour-charged imagination of Klimt at Klimt Villa, a reproduction of his last studio built on the site of the original property
- wander in Empress Elisabeth’s footsteps at 19th-century Hermesvilla, romantically nestled in woodland.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.