Vienna - Schloss Belvedere to the Canal (PDF Chapter)
This is the Schloss Belvedere to the Canal chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vienna guidebook.
If you only see one palace in Vienna, make it Schloss Belvedere. Packed with giddy ro-mance, Belvedere is overwhelming in both scale and substance: a day-long marathon of a sight that engrosses from start to finish.
- draw breath as you ramble through Schloss Belvedere’s lavishly frescoed apartments, sculpture-strewn gardens and a gallery home to the ultimate embrace: Klimt’s The Kiss
- send shivers down your spine as you venture through Vienna’s war-torn history at the Heeresgeschichtliches Museum
- be dazzled by Hundertwasser’s wonky floors, madcap mosaics and hallucinatory colours at KunstHausWien
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.