Vienna - Prater & East of the Danube (PDF Chapter)
This is the Prater & East of the Danube chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vienna guidebook.
Leopoldstadt, the city’s Jewish quarter, is one of Vienna’s hippest districts, with graffiti art, beach bars by the Danube Canal and enticing new boutiques, restaurants, galleries and edgy cafes hiding down its sleepy backstreets. Its centrepiece is the leafy Prater.
- enjoy a slice of Viennese park life in the Prater, with boulevards for strolling, woods for roaming and a funfair
- waltz over to where ball chart-topper ‘The Blue Danube’ was composed at the Johann Strauss Residence
- eye banquet-worthy porcelain in the making behind the scenes at the Porzellanmuseum im Augarten
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.