Vienna - Karlsplatz & Around Naschmarkt (PDF Chapter)
This is the Karlsplatz & Around Naschmarkt chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vienna guidebook.
Here, days can be spent gazing upon Karlskirche’s baroque frescoes, Otto Wagner’s art nouveau buildings and Klimt’s sensual friezes. Nights lift the curtain on high-calibre opera and classical music the world’s finest concert halls.
- ride the elevator up to Karlskirche’s elliptical copper dome for a close-up view of the incredible frescoes by Johann Michael Rottmayr
- contemplate the sensuous shapes, gold mosaics and mythological symbolism of Klimt’s Beethoven Frieze at the 1897-designed exhibition centre of the Vienna Secession movement artists
- breathe in the heady aromas of spices, olives, oils and vinegars, cheeses, hams, sausages and much more while snacking your way from stall to delectable stall at Naschmarkt
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.