Vienna - Day Trips from Vienna (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Vienna chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vienna guide-book.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Vienna and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Two-Day Trip to Salzburg and Krems an der Donau.
- crowned by its hilltop fortress (Mozart’s birthplace and the backdrop for the evergreen mu-sical The Sound of Music), Salzburg has a fairy-tale charm
- gateway to the Wachau, quaint Krems an der Donau centres on its historic core by the Danube (Donau) and makes an ideal starting point for a loop through the beautiful Dan-ube Valley
- easily reached from the Austrian capital, Stift Melk and nearby Shallaburg castle are an unmissable architectural duo
Coverage includes: Salzburg, Krems an der Donau, Melk & Around.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.