Vienna - Day Trips from Vienna (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Vienna chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vienna guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Vienna and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Salzburg and Krems an der Danau.
- crowned by its hilltop fortress, Salzburg, Mozart’s birthplace and the backdrop for the evergreen musical The Sound of Music, has a fairy-tale charm
- quaint Krems an der Danau makes an ideal starting point for a loop through the beautiful Danube Valley
- easily reached from the Austrian capital, Stift Melk and nearby Shallaburg castle are an unmissable architectural duo
Coverage includes: Salzburg, Krems an der Danau, Melk & Around.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.