Vienna - Alsergrund & the University District (PDF Chapter)
This is the Alsergrund & the University District chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vienna guidebook.
These are streets made for wandering and stopping for well-made coffees, a sneaky Gruner Veltiner or quietly smart lunches. Explore campus life and its cafes, bars and shops in Alsergrund Vorstadt, or bass-thumping bars and upbeat music haunts in Ottakring.
- get in touch with your inner Freudian as you explore the Sigmund Freud Museum, with exhibits providing a tantalising insight into the life of the father of psychoanalysis
- tiptoe through the baroque apartments and landscaped gardens of the Palais Liechtenstein on a guided tour
- wander through the arcades and courtyards of Vienna’s 650-year-old university
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.