Vienna - Alsergrund & the University District (PDF Chapter)
This is the Alsergrund & the University District chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vienna guidebook.
These cool but far from contrived neighbourhoods are decidedly local and best experienced at a laid-back Viennese pace – wandering and stopping for well-made coffees, a sneaky Grüner Veltliner white wine or quietly smart lunches, rather than ticking off iconic museums.
- get in touch with your inner Freudian as you explore the elegant rooms of his former home, with exhibits providing an insight into the life of the father of psychoanalysis
- delve into the anatomical collection of the Josephinum, one of Vienna’s most weird and wonderful museums
- tiptoe through Palais Liechtenstein’s baroque apartments and landscaped gardens on a guided tour
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.