No code necessary. See terms.
Venice & the Veneto - San Polo & Santa Croce (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
These twin districts are a warren of winding lanes, in which you can easily lose yourself for hours browsing artisan studios and neighbourhood churches, before emerging in sunny squares where kids tear round on tricycles and adults sip prosecco.
- see lightning strike indoors at the lavish Scuola Grande di San Rocco, where Tintoretto’s streaky brushwork illuminated hope in a time of plague, death and despair
- watch Titian’s red-hot Madonna light up the room inside I Frari’s Gothic glory
- work up a serious appetite over lagoon surf and turf at the gut-rumbling, produce-bursting Rialto Market
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.