*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Venice & the Veneto - Giudecca, Lido & the Southern Islands (PDF Chapter)
Other cities have suburban sprawl; Venice has medieval monasteries floating in teal-blue waters. To the south, the seaward side of the lagoon is sheltered from the Adriatic by the Lido, a place of escape from the urban rigours of the Rialto.
- immerse yourself in the bright serenity of Palladio’s Chiesa di San Giorgio Maggiore, and ascend its campanile (bell tower) for spectacular views of San Marco
- lose yourself in Fondazione Giorgio Cini’s garden maze, Longhena’s elegant library and intriguing contemporary art exhibits
- soak up Giudecca’s local-meets-luxe vibe – hopping between hotel spas, craft workshops, art galleries and bars frequented by residents and their four-legged friends
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.