Venice & the Veneto - Castello (PDF Chapter)
Exploring sprawling Castello in its entirety in one blast will test your walking shoes. Start with its most compelling sites, all within a stone’s throw of San Marco and the Rialto.
- take an early-morning or evening stroll along Castello’s picturesque waterfront promenade, Riva degli Schiavoni
- gawk at the sheer scale of 14th-century Zanipolo church and admire the master works of painting and sculpture contained within
- get an insider’s view during special events held within the Venetian Republic’s vast hon-eycomb of a shipyard, Arsenale, once the world’s best-kept industrial secret
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.