Venice & the Veneto - Cannaregio (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
Cannaregio doesn’t have San Marco’s sex appeal, Dorsoduro’s youth or Castello’s work-ing-class attitude. Rather, it’s a well-balanced residential neighbourhood of unpretentious, patri-cian palazzi, picturesque squares and quiet canals, with some of the city’s best local bars, res-taurants and shops.
- explore The Ghetto, the historic island home/prison of Venice’s Jewish community, which offered refuge from the Inquisition and sparked a Renaissance in thought
- discover Chiesa di Santa Maria dei Miracoli, the marble-clad church that marked a turning point in the city’s ecclesiastical architecture
- pay respects to the genius of Tintoretto at his parish church and burial place, Chiesa della Madonna dell’Orto, a simple structure filled with the master’s works
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.