Venice & the Veneto - Understand Venice & the Veneto and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Venice Today, History, Architecture, The Arts, The Fragile Lagoon, Transport, Directory A–Z and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Venice & the Vene-to guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, arts and architecture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the challenges Venice faces today, and the efforts being made to conserve the fragile lagoon
- info on the city’s architecture, from glittering Byzantine mosaics to sumptuous palaces
- full coverage of the history of city and its rise as a maritime power
- details on the colour, sensation and subversion of Venice’s arts
Coverage includes: Venice Today, History, Architecture, The Arts, The Fragile Lagoon, Transport, Directory A–Z and Language.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.