Venice & the Veneto - Dorsoduro (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dorsoduro chapter from Lonely Planet’s Venice & the Veneto guide-book.
Dorsoduro is home to some of Venice’s most high-profile galleries along with some fascinat-ing art-filled churches. If you’re an art aficionado, you’ll need two or three days to do it justice; fair-weather fans could cram a lot into a day.
- get a crash course in Venetian painting at the Gallerie dell’Accademia, positively blushing with masterpieces of glowing colours, censored subjects and breathless elegance
- test the curative powers of Baldassare Longhena’s mystical architecture and finding hid-den Titian wonders at the Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute
- waltz through baroque palace ballrooms, salons and boudoirs surrounded by sublime Ve-netian art at Ca’ Rezzonico
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout